Re: distclean rule works well, but distcheck said it doesn't.

From: Tal Hadad
Subject: Re: distclean rule works well, but distcheck said it doesn't.
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:28:41 +0300

Hi Nicolai
I do understand what you're saying, but that's what I really try to avoid.
There is a really huge reason why not to do what you say, As I say earlier:
> Also, you shell noticed than this scripts compile from vala language if
> compiler exist, otherwise it use C compiler.
> (Vala compiles first to C, and then to binaries)

This is almost a standard in vala written packages. So what happen if I use
AM_PROG_VALAC([min_vala_vers])?
If the user don't have this, it fails to compile, because it
The trick of *_vala.stamp is taken from the automake automatic support of vala,
but I want to do it differently(so it can compiles only with gcc).
Type ./configure --help, and notice the --enable-vala and --disable-vala.
The example I used for doing this is in directory ./examples/automake of
xfce4-vala package, here it is:
http://archive.xfce.org/src/bindings/xfce4-vala/

Thanks,
Tal