RE: distclean rule works well, but distcheck said it doesn't.

From: Nicolai Stange
Subject: RE: distclean rule works well, but distcheck said it doesn't.
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:36:36 +0200

Hi Tal,

I'm really not a Vala/automake expert, the information I got is from the
docs only.

Am Montag, den 15.08.2011, 12:28 +0300 schrieb Tal Hadad:
> I do understand what you're saying, but that's what I really try to
> avoid.
> There is a really huge reason why not to do what you say, As I say
> earlier:
> > Also, you shell noticed than this scripts compile from vala language
> if compiler exist, otherwise it use C compiler.
> > (Vala compiles first to C, and then to binaries)
>
> This is almost a standard in vala written packages. So what happen if
> I use AM_PROG_VALAC([min_vala_vers])?
> If the user don't have this, it fails to compile, because it

In the link I've given you in my last email, the following is stated:
"Any .vala file listed in a _SOURCES variable will be compiled into C
code by the Vala compiler. The generated .c files are distributed. The
end user does not need to have a Vala compiler installed."

So, the end user doesn't need to have a working valac. Otherwise it
would be a bug in the docs that you should report. Did you try it once?

Best

Nicolai