Re: 26-makesort.patch

From: Raja R Harinath
Subject: Re: 26-makesort.patch
Date: 05 Feb 2001 12:00:16 -0600

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
[snip]
> For instance, I find it quite annoying to have to know that Automake
> knows the -local targets: the code of 25 makes it possible for users
> to have just there own `clean:' target which will be appended to the
> existing code.

That seems counter to current 'automake' behaviour.  IIRC, if automake
sees a "special" target in Makefile.am, it won't generate code for
that target.  E.g., if the Makefile.am has a 'check:' target, the
builtin test harness will not be generated.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ address@hidden