Re: 'make ctags' and vim

From: Warren Young
Subject: Re: 'make ctags' and vim
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:19:56 -0700

Konstantin Osipov wrote:

How do people work around the lack of 'include' directive of ctags?

I put this in the Makefile.am in the project's src subdir:

tags:
    find . -name TAGS -o -name tags -exec rm {} \;
    ctags `pwd`/*/*.cpp `pwd`/*/*.h
    find . -type d -mindepth 1 -exec ln tags {} \;

ctags:
    make tags

This makes a master tags file in the root source directory, and links it into all the other places I need to use tags. Then in the Makefile.am files in the source subdirectories, I put:

tags:
    ( cd .. && make tags )

This is rather specific to the way I organize my source files, but it should be easy to modify to your scheme.