Re: Makefile.in and Makefile not generated when using a static library

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Makefile.in and Makefile not generated when using a static library
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:32:38 +0200

Hello William.  I hope you don't mind a little nitpicking on your
overall good suggestions...

> Rename the file configure.ac, and modify the contents to be:
>
> AC_INIT([MultiSour], [0.8])
> AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([src/app/SimpMSourSimu.cpp])
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign])
> AC_PROG_CXX
> AC_PROG_INSTALL
Strictly speaking, AC_PROG_INSTALL is redundant here, being already
AC_REQUIRE'd by AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE (this should hold from Automake 1.4
at least, I think).
> LT_INIT
Also, I don't think this is required: he's just trying to build a
static library, so libtool is an overkill.  AC_PROG_RANLIB should be
enough.  (Note: I have pratically no real experience in using libtool
and in building static libraries with automake, so correct me if I'm
wrong!).
> AC_CONFIG_FILES([
>       src/app/Makefile
>       src/Random/Makefile
>       Makefile
> ])
> AC_OUTPUT
>
> Also, instead of running aclocal, libtoolize, autoconf, and
>  automake by hand, just run autoreconf -i

Regards,
    Stefano