Re: Makefile.in and Makefile not generated when using a static library

From: isulsz
Subject: Re: Makefile.in and Makefile not generated when using a static library
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

It works when you switch the order of the directories in SUBDIRS.
Thanks!

I have another question regarding to the flag of the g++ compiler. I want to
debug the code carefully so I want to add -O0 option to the g++ so that it
will not optimize the code. Here is what I am doing now. I use
./configure CXXFLAGS = '-g -O0'

It works. I am just wondering if it is the commonly used method.

I tried to have the following in the Makefile.am:
proj_CXXFLAGS=-g -O0
AM_CXXFLAGS=-g -O0
But I find in the Makefile, although we have
proj_CXXFLAGS=-g -O0
AM_CXXFLAGS=-g -O0
there also be this: (seems it is there by default)
CXXFLAGS=-g -O2

And during the Make procedure, I see -g -O0 -g -O2 after g++ and it seems to
me the one actually take effect is -O2, which is not what I want.

Only if I do ./configure CXXFLAG='-g -O0', it works.  How should I
understand this?

Best wishes,
Shizheng