Re: AW: [avr-chat] LCD duty cycles, help please

From: James Dessart
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-chat] LCD duty cycles, help please
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:16:32 -0500

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:25:52 +0100, Rune Christensen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The LCD is split into two sections upper and lower. That gives 240 lines
> each and you will only be drawing one line in each section for each step.
> That gives 1/240 and because of some speciel things the duty cycle is 1/242.

There's a timing diagram at
http://www.nyx.net/~jpurbric/lcd/timing.gif actually, very handy.

> The VLCD is a DC voltage that is constant. Just like the 5 volt for the
> circuit board.
> If you change the VLCD the contrast will change.

I was wondering about that. How would one adjust it? A potentiometer?

> How often do you need to update the display? Do you need to use it to video
> or only to slow graphic/text?

I'm going to interface it to a Macintosh LC, an old 68020 Mac running
at 16 MHz. It's really just for fun and learning. :) if the display is
a little persistent and slow, that's entirely fine. The motherboard's
just sitting around doing nothing anyway.

James