Re: AW: [avr-chat] LCD duty cycles, help please

From: James Dessart
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-chat] LCD duty cycles, help please
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:02:54 -0500

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:44:40 +0100, Rune Christensen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I think you need to create some kind of controller for the LCD. It could be
> a microcontroller. You need precise timing and if it going to be used as a
> graphical display you will need about 640*480/8 = 38400 bytes of dual port
> memory.

Unless I can either create a secondary VRAM buffer, where the Mac
writes, and then in the vertical blanking period I can have the ATmega
copy the framebuffer over. I have two full scan lines worth of time
every frame, although I can use a second mcu to watch the Mac side for
changes, or maybe just some memory to store the addresses that are
accessed for writing and the single mcu could watch the address bus
and write signal to see if the Mac is writing to RAM, and store the
address for when it can do the copying.

James