[avr-chat] Verify with STK500 has gotten very slow

From: Derric Tubbs
Subject: [avr-chat] Verify with STK500 has gotten very slow
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:44:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I only recently started messing with microcontrollers
at all and the AVRs are my first.  I got the STK500
and have been tinkering with the included ATMega16 to
just write simple little programs to try setting up
each of the built-in peripherals.  I was messing with
Timer1 tonight and about the time I got everything
working the way I expected I noticed that it started
taking a VERY long time (on the order of a full minute
or more) just to do the verify portion of the upload.
I uploaded some older code too just to make sure that
it wasn't something weird about the file I was
uploading and nothing changed.

I'm running on Linux and using uisp version 20050207.
The STK500 has a sticker on the back that appears to
indicate a manufacture date of 20041004.

The uisp command line I'm using is:

uisp -dprog=stk500 -dpart=atmega16 -dserial=/dev/ttyS0
--erase --upload --verify if=rom.hex

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tubbs