[avr-chat] Serial Numbers with avrdude (or other?)

From: David Kelly
Subject: [avr-chat] Serial Numbers with avrdude (or other?)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:40:08 -0500

I can see the need in the near future to embed a sequential serial number in either EEPROM or FLASH. Avrdude appears to be a good choice but doesn't list an explicit option to do this. It does have a means of counting erase cycles which is close but not quite what I'm after.

The -U option might work without having to generate a hex or srec file for each and every serial number, but in the "m" immediate mode I don't see any means of specifying an address?

Also in the manpage I see "memtype" is often used, defined as "The memtype field specifies the memory type to operate on." But its valid values are never enumerated.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden