[avr-chat] Avrdude : how to slow it down ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: [avr-chat] Avrdude : how to slow it down ?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:25:36 +0200

Hi,

My parallel 'bsd' cable works fine most of the time, but every now and
again, like right now, avrdude says it can't connect.

How can I slow avrdude so that it clocks the AVR's SPI at a lower
speed ? I think I measured it roughly at 125KHz the other day when I was
building my AVBR board. If I could make that 2 or 3 times slower, that
would hardly bother me, but that may make my cable's life easier, maybe.

I looked at the definition of the 'bsd' programmer/cable
in /usr/local/etc/avrdude.conf, but I can't see any option to set the
clock speed. Given that I compiled avrdude from source, I guess I can
maybe set it by hand somewhere and recompile... if I know where it is
defined ?

Regards,

--
Vince