[avr-chat] Re: OT: Soldering SMDs

From: Rick Mann
Subject: [avr-chat] Re: OT: Soldering SMDs
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:31:23 -0800

A test run with a low mass thermocouple affixed to a scrap PCB with
high temp solder can give you some useful feedback.

What constitutes "high-temp solder"? The stuff I use with my iron (some Kester h20-soluble flux core wire on a spool)?

I have a basic Fluke thermometer with K-type thermocouple, exposed. If I solder this to my board, will I damage it, and won't that affect the thermocouple properties (or only if current were to flow into the board traces)?

--
Rick