Re: [avr-chat] Programmer configuration

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Programmer configuration
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:23:09 +0200

Wojtek Dabrowski <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm just wondering... I just soldered myself the programming board
> described under
> http://www.bsdhome.com/avrdude/
> Now I'm trying to figure out how to tell avrdude that this is the one
> I'm using. It seems not to be mentioned in avrdude.conf, is that right?
> Any tips?

The programming cable described on this page certainly works with
AVRdude... if just because the nice chap who brought AVRdude to you is
also the very same man who wrote this web page you are referring to ;-)
Would be a shame if his cable didn't work with his own software ;-)

The cable is referred to as "bsd" in the AVRdude option list.

So for example you would invoke AVRdude like this (assuming an
ATmega32 chip as an example) :

$avrdude -p m32 -c bsd

HTH

--