Re: [avr-chat] Re: Programmer for everyone!

From: Chris Albertson
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: Programmer for everyone!
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:49:41 -0700 (PDT)

People build programmers because they are very cheap and
easy to build.  If the price and complexity of a home
built programmer were to be more than abut $30 not many
people would go for it because Digikey will sell you
an STK500 or avrdragon for $50.  I actually got both
of these in a bundle for $49.  Atmel is smart to sell
these as loss leaders