Re: [avr-chat] Re: Programmer for everyone!

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: Programmer for everyone!
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:54:15 +0530

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:05:27 +0530, Graham Davies <address@hidden> wrote:

> People only build their own if they value the learning experience or have
> lots of time and no money.

Hmmmm...well, When I was a newbie, I built the SP12 prgramming cable in under
10 mins, & it cost me the price of the phone call I would have to make to order
a commercial programmer. SP12 was up & running in half an hour, including
installation. Two years down I still use it.

I think it is the easiest programmer for even a newbie to build & use. The
setup & use guides are exhaustive. I didnt have to struggle a bit!

And it has handled all the devices I have used.

The only drawback could be the need for a parallel port (at the PC) which is
not available in laptops.

For the record, you can find it here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbolt/e-spider_prog.html

--Royce.