Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Can't Install avr-gcc in FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:27:35 +0200

As Lars Poetter wrote:

> As I read that I instantly liked the idea of AVR C++ but I can not
> find any AVR C++ resources on line. Should the "C++ maintainer" also
> be the "C++ creator" or is there anything unmaintained C++ already
> available ?

There is a C++ implementation around already, and a number of people
are already actively using it.

The state of affairs is basically summarized already in the FAQ:

http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/FAQ.html#faq_cplusplus

(I think we did cover issue #3 meanwhile, but I've got no confirmation
so far everything has been done.)

The major job is to find someone who's willing to work on GCC so we
could eventually go ahead, and file a GCC patch that enables support
for libsup++ (the minimal C++ library).  If I'm not mistaken, that
step would resolve issue #2, and most likely also issue #4 from the
list.

Obviously, that "someone" would have to a person knowledgable in C++,
and willing to dig into GCC's build process.