[avr-chat] Re: Why 8051?

From: Tillmann Krauss
Subject: [avr-chat] Re: Why 8051?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:26:02 +0100

There is one good reason I can think of to choose an 8051.

It is tested and used since 1980 and the design is therefore very reliable. For this reason NASA does use it and will never use a Pentium I ;)

Due to its simple architecture optimization of asm code is far less complex and less _error-prone_ than newer 8/16/32bit uCs with pipelining and hardware optimizations for special commands.

Greetings,

Till