[avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an avr jt

From: docksider
Subject: [avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an avr jtag chain
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 12:04:58 +0100

Hi everyone

I'm trying to use an AVR ICE mkII to program a jtag chain with two
atmega 16 in it, and when i read the flash from the second AVR in the
chain it is read back as shifted one step left. The does not seem to
run at all, which makes me think it is written wrong. However, when
writing the flash with AVR studio and its built in flashing program it
works fine.

The data shift looks like I'm trying to write it too fast or that the
instruction chain length is off. This is my first real experience with
JTAG chains so sorry if i've jumped to the wrong conclusions.

I have tried to mimic the settings that work in AVR Studio but not
succeeded, i can't figure out what if anything the -i and -B flags
does to the JTAG clock.

My question is simply what could cause this sort of behavior?

// Caj