Re: [avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an av

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an avr jtag chain
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 21:44:41 +0100

As Caj Larsson wrote:

> I can't get the exact commandline as we speak but it was something
> like:

> avrdude -p m16 -U flash:w:test.hex -c jtag2 -X jtagchain 0,1,0,4/1,0,4,0

OK.  (Btw., you can simplify that -U option to just "-U test.hex".)

> one avr had zeros as signature so i needed to add -F

Oops, that's already suspicious enough.  Accidentally erasing/
reprogramming the signature, as it could happen with an AT90S1200,
should not be an issue anymore these days.  So if the signature reads
out as 0, something's fishy.  Don't be tempted to override that with
-F, but instead try finding the actual reason.

How long are your JTAG bus lines in total?

Maybe it improves when using e.g. -B10 (to lower the JTAG clock)?