Re: [avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an av

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Shifted flash contents when written with ice mk2 to an avr jtag chain
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:32:18 +0100 (MET)

(Better subscribe to the list.  Many people here don't Cc the author
when replying.)

docksider <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have tried to mimic the settings that work in AVR Studio but not
> succeeded, i can't figure out what if anything the -i and -B flags
> does to the JTAG clock.

That makes me think you're using AVRDUDE to program the device(s).
What's your exact commandline then?  I have successfully programmed
boards with two chained AVRs in the past.  Remember that each AVR
shifts by four bits, so you need

-X jtagchain=0,1,0,4

on one device, and

-X jtagchain=1,0,4,0

on the other one.

I didn't observe any specific clock issues, as when programming
through JTAG, everything inside the AVR is clocked by the JTAG clock
so it's independent of the main clock frequency.