Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313

From: Ormund Williams
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] how to connect USBasp to attiny2313
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 12:59:28 -0400

On Thu, 2013-08-08 at 08:29 +0200, YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote:
> And this is the attached file.

I went to the link printed on the circuit board and followed it here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1LOT-1PCS-USBasp-AVR-Programmer-1PCS-CNT-004-Adapter-1PCS-10PIN-65CM-Wire-Free-shipping/812021_1087050891.html
it says that this usbasp is modified to automatically find the correct
speed so use the latest avrdude but leave out the -B switch, like this:
        $ sudo avrdude -p t2313 -c usbasp -v

Don't forget the correct wiring.

> > - My target micro-controller attiny2313 clock is lower than 1.5 MHz
> > - So, I need to put a jumper (J3) between the pin 25 of the usbasp
> > programmer internal micro-controller atmega8 and the GND (pin 3, pin 5 or
> > pin 21).
> >
>From the picture they did not put a jumper or holes for a jumper.

> > We can verify this information in the README file[1] and in the schematic
> > image[2] of the usbasp programmer.
> >
> > I have opened the usbasp to see how I can set the jumper of the usbasp.
> >
> > As you can see in the attached image, this is very little and I don't know
> > how to wire the pin 25 to the GND correctly.
> >
> > Can you give me an advice on how I can wire the pin25 and the GND easily ?

The above link says that this unit is modified from the opensource
version on the fischl.de site so the information there doesn’t quite
apply.

Best regards.

--
Ormund