Re: Support for ATTINY827, 1627 and 3227

From: Konrad Rosenbaum
Subject: Re: Support for ATTINY827, 1627 and 3227
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 16:57:55 +0100

Hi,

On 15/02/2023 10:51, tony@montgomery-smith.org wrote:

Delighted to see AVRDUDE 7.1 released with support for ATTINY827, 1627 and 3227. Can anyone give me a clue when support for these chips will be available in the avr8-gnu-toolchain? I want to use one of these chips for an anenometer project as they have 4 analog comparator channels.

If by avr8-gnu-toolchain you mean the packages published by Atmel/Microchip: probably some time between 2030 and 2035 - even their newest release from 2022 is horribly out-dated.

At least on Linux it is relatively easy to compile everything yourself - you need CMake and a compatible host system compiler (GCC is good). There is a build.sh script to do all the work for you.

I have never tried it on Windows, but there are older packages available that were compiled with MinGW/MSys, so I guess it should work with that.

There are instructions on the Wiki: https://github.com/avrdudes/avrdude/wiki

I myself even compile the AVR-GCC and binutils packages, since I really don't like being limited by some ancient dialect of C++. I can post some notes and a script for doing this on Linux if there is interest.

    Konrad