Re: Support for ATTINY827, 1627 and 3227

From: dvalin
Subject: Re: Support for ATTINY827, 1627 and 3227
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:29:13 +1030

On 15.02.23 22:58, Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
> The information that is important for AVRdude is in chapter 7 "Memories" and
> 31 "UPDI".
>
> The programming interfaces of those chips are pretty uniform, if you know
> what location to write to you are basically golden once you have the
> protocol available.

Apropos the last two words above, I've had a bit of a google for a
windoze-free path to the programmed ATmega328 needed for an UPDI
interface, but haven't figured that out yet. Does anyone have a link to
a Linux-only guide, just using the gnu toolchain & avrdude? I.e. no
arduino dev environment hocus pocus. (I have an old Atmel STK500 for
programming the interface ATmega.)

Those "sketch" things are in C++, IIUC, so just grab the source and whack
it through avr-g++?

Erik