Re: [Axiom-developer] Hypertex and constructors

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Hypertex and constructors
Date: 25 Oct 2006 04:04:23 +0200

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

| As few people noticed hypertex searches for constructors where
| giving no result, for example clicking on "NAG link" and then
| on "Browser pages for individual routines" gives:
|
| There is no constructor matching pattern  "Nag*"
|
| AFAICS it is due to fake 'libdb.text' which is copied from
| 'src/algebra' into target algebra directory. If one instead
| uses freshly build 'libdb.text' then hypertex is able to
| find Nag routines. BTW I also copied freshly build 'comdb.text'
| to the target algebra directory, since apparently 'libdb.text'
| contains references to 'comdb.text' but I am not sure is
| 'comdb.text' is actually used (I was able to find Nag routines
| both with and without 'comdb.text').

Kudos for your detective work.

>From my perspective, in the majority of cases it is WRONG for Axiom to
ever cache things and copy them directly to installation.  We should
be installing info about things we have built, not things that were
built somewhere else and cached.

Erring on the conservative side, I would be glad to review a patch that
copy both libdb.text and comdb.text freshly built.  The cached files
should go away.