Re: [Axiom-developer] Hypertex and constructors

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Hypertex and constructors
Date: 25 Oct 2006 20:40:14 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| Waldek, Gaby,
|
| I understand your enthusiasm for changing things but you do realize
| that you're going to make it very difficult to merge your changes.
| You started out "fixing make" and, as you learn more, you're starting
| to change files. However, you're not packaging these changes into
| changesets in any way.

I did not start out "fixing make" :-)
I start out "improving the build machinery" that drives Axiom Gold and
Silver.

There are lot of issues discovered along the way.  Many of them are of
independent value, but since they are discovered while working on the
build improvements branch, we can barely blame people for fixing things
they are working on :-)

Of course, this patch of Waldek can (and should) be applied to silver,
in addition of the build-improvements (where the core of the work is
happening as part of the experiment).

| The ideal case would be that you use build-improvements for the
| great makefile rewrite and send other changes as specific patches
| to be included in the silver branch.
|
| Try to decide if your change is independent and could be of value
| without the new makefile system. If so, please try to package up
| changesets against gold and post them to the list for silver inclusion.

Sure.