[Axiom-developer] RE: sourceforge/silver

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: sourceforge/silver
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:28:05 -0400

On Friday, October 27, 2006 11:06 AM Tim Daly wrote:
> Bill Page wrote: [new /silver root at SourceForge]
> > Let me know what you think of this arrangement.
>
> You do realize that this leaves the build-improvement branch
> as a true fork since it is no longer "rooted" at axiom49 in
> the SVN tree.

Yes, I thought about that. That is another reason why I decided
not to remove /trunk right now. As you said previously, /trunk
is patch-49 (almost, just a few changes).

I agree that build-improvements is rapidly gaining distance
on /trunk and Axiom Gold. In my opinion (but I don't know how
Gaby feels about this), build-improvements is now nearly stable
enough to be merged back. I think it should be merged back to
the new /silver root instead of /trunk. /trunk (as it exists
today) should disappear.

> I think we need a person to volunteer to be the "patch-pusher"
> between build-improvements and silver. The job involves
>
> 1) lifting out and purifying a difference between silver and BI.
> 2) checking the documentation
> 3) applying the change to a copy of silver (bronze == silver
> + one change)
> 4) testing bronze
> 5) sending a "diff -Naur silver bronze" to the mailing list
> 6) making sure it gets applied.
> 7) rinse and repeat

Yes.