Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: sourceforge/silver

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: sourceforge/silver
Date: 27 Oct 2006 18:07:25 +0200

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| I agree that build-improvements is rapidly gaining distance
| on /trunk and Axiom Gold. In my opinion (but I don't know how
| Gaby feels about this), build-improvements is now nearly stable
| enough to be merged back.

There are a couple of issues to be solved, and I'm quite sure it is
stable as you believe -- I have two massive changes in my local trees,
not merged yet.  The reason being I did not have time to do it
yesterday.

Build-improvements is not a fork -- I'm not a big fan or forks.
I did consider a fork several times, and at each occasion rejected the
idea.

I'm quite impressed that Tim is councerned about forks.