Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:32:41 +0200

On 10/27/2006 10:10 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

| Tim, | | On Friday, October 27, 2006 1:56 PM you wrote: | > Gaby wrote: | > > What you want is not to merge branch-improvements back to
| > > trunk at this moment.  Rather, you want to minimize distance
| > > as much as possible.  Concretely, that means backporting
| > > some patches on silver to that branch -- not the other way
| > > around.
| > | | Here is how I see the situation: | | | | | |
|             |       |        darcs and       |
|             |    next big =  hg mirrors      |
|             |    experiment      |           |
|  gold       |   /                            |
|  gold <---- |  /                             |
|  (52)     silver  (SourceForge) <=====> Google Code
|             |                             mirror
|             |\___merge___                    |
|  gold <---- |            \        |          |
|  (51)       |\__          |       |          |
|            /    \   back  |   darcs and      |
|  gold <---|-<----\ .....> / = hg mirrors     |
|  (50)     /      /  port |        |          |
|          |      |        |        |          |
| Now:   silver trunk    build
|          |      |   improvements
|         tla     |    /
|                 |   /
|                 |  /
|  gold <------ trunk
|                CVS
| | | What Gaby is talking about is shown as ....> above. | | Now is that really *so* complicated?? :-)

Hey, you should make that a PDF file and link it to the Wiki page.  It
is so useful.  I'm pretty sure Ralf would like it :-)

You are so right, Gaby. ;-)

A .fig file is probably better since that can be converted to many formats. And xfig is quite a nice tool for such graphics anyway.

Thank you, Bill. You are a master of such ASCII-Graphics (and not only that).

Ralf