Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:33:27 -0400

> When build-improvements is ready to be merged into trunk, I'll propose
> it.  Build-improvements is ready when the TODO list has been moved to
> "done" section and tested adequately.  If you believe you want merge
> piecemeal, go for it.  Just beware that that is going to cause troubles
> and I don't volunteer to help with piecemeal merges.

Surely you don't mean this. In a "changeset world" which is the
philosophical reason for changing from CVS to SVN it is accepted
practice to apply related changes in a single changeset and separate
unrelated changes into different changesets. Otherwise SVN and Arch
add no value over CVS.

Following the same philosophy one would expect that the changeset
which modifies the Makefile mechanism would be independent of the
changeset that modifies sttaylor or sage.

I'm not suggesting that the Makefile-related changeset be piecemeal.

My request was that changesets which are not Makefile-related be
made against the gold branch if possible. Otherwise we are faced
with the task of untangling many unrelated changesets.