Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:24:21 -0400

> Diffing patches against Gold seems problematic to me. I
> would prefer for patches to be against Silver if possible.
> But this is mostly "cherry picking" anyway, so at least
> with most SCM tools (maybe darcs is an exception) it is
> necessary to use a fair amount of manual manipulation of
> patches anyway. So I don't think exactly what we base a
> patch on is that important.

Gold and Silver will only differ by at most 2 months of changes so
it's not really a big issue. Up until this time all changes had to be
a diff against Gold because Silver was kept locally on my machine. The
fact that it is now kept publically should not change the procedure.
However, I'm flexible and can handle the diff from either system
since I'm going to hand-apply it anyway.