Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:53:15 -0400

On 7/10/07, didier deshommes wrote:
2007/7/10, Bill Page:
> While we are dragging this thread further into the merits/demerits of
> literate programming, I thought I would mention one alternative to

Speaking of liteerate programming, I stumbled accros this blog entry
about the (partial) failures of  the literate programming tool noweb:
http://www.cims.nyu.edu/~dbindel/eigenstuff/2007-04.html#x-2007-04-30-dsbweb

I don't know much about lp but maybe it isn't catching up because the
tools are too limited and/or too cumbersome for "normal users"?

Cool! Thanks for the ref. Maybe there is something to this approach
with "everything" in the comments? At least that way there is no
distinction between source as traditional developers usually see and
the documentation. To me this seems like a simpler form of the idea
promoted by Leo that markers should be inserted as comments in the
tangled code so that direct edits to the code can be automatically
reflected in the full literate source. In both cases this can be (more
or less) layered on top of traditional practices.