Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom, FriCAS, forks and teeth
Date: 11 Jul 2007 08:01:38 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

| On 07/10/2007 04:22 AM, Bill Page wrote:
| > On 7/9/07, C Y wrote:
| >> ... Literate programming is not a mainstream methodology (in my opinion)
| >> because few developers are willing to accept the long lead times and hard
| >> work of researching the necessary background to make a good literate
| >> document. ...
|
| Literate programming is not mainstream since it costs a lot of time
| and the programmer puts all or at least most of his knowledge about
| the program, background, and design into a pamphlet.

It costs lot of resouorces and it is not obvious that empirical data we have
support the claim that it is an effective and efficient methodology.

[ well, as far as Axiom is concerned, it is more efficient at
  generating emails than making the project better. ]

I'm not saying that Axiom should not be properly documented.  Quite
the contrary.