Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:08:33 -0400

I am sorry, but changing variable names inside source code because of
a project fork seems incorrect to me.  I think it would be both wrong
and even more confusing if FriCAS and OpenAxiom tried to give the
impression that they had no relation to each other and no relation at
all to the original Axiom project when they still share between 75% to
90% of the same code, the user languages are nearly (but not exactly)
identical and for the most part they produce the same results.