Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:00:36 +0200 (CEST)

Eugene Surowitz wrote:

> The issue is deeper though: An inspection of only the src/interp
> source files reveals numerous references to 'axiom' or 'Axiom'.
> FriCAS appears to use boot code -- I assume, without having got
> around to inspecting it in more detail, that it too may contain
> many such references; I haven't looked at OpenAxiom.

The issue is deeper than you think.  If you examined hits in
more detail you will note that most references falls into
two categories:

- historical or obsolete material
- names which part of user/external interface

Obsolete material eventually will be deleted.  User interfaces
may change but this is slow process to minimize negative
impact on the users.  I am not in the business of rewriting
history so I will still call NAG product Axiom and not FriCAS.
As long as Aldor is in use 'axiomxl' and similar names in the
Aldor interface will stay.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden