Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: trademarks
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:37:16 -0400

On 23 April 2013 15:22, Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bill Page wrote:
>>
>> The frontpage of the website
>>
>> http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org
>>
>> and more specifically the following linked page
>>
>> http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/AboutAxiom
>>
>> Refers to all three "Axiom-related" projects (plus Reduce, Maxima,
>> Sage although I think Waldek has already disabled support for these
>> "non-Axiom" systems).  It would be good to review especially these
>> pages to help give users the right impression.
>
> ATM Reduce should work OK.  I think we could restore Maxima with
> reasonable effort.  However, I am affraid that Sage would require
> much more resources to keep is up to date and IMHO keeping obsolete
> version makes no sense.

Great.  I still think it is nice to have both Reduce and Maxima.  Sage
has it's own web support so really we shouldn't worry much about that.

>> One thing in particular on the FrontPage that stands out is:
>>
>> "The Axiom Foundation ...
>
> I am for transerring money to Tim and deleting reference.

OK.

> However there are several other pages which are hopelessly
> obsolete.  I am not sure if we should just delete them
> or create "obsolete" part of wiki where such pages would
> be kept frozen as a document of the past.

I do not care much about keeping old documents from the past.  It is
much more important to get on with updating the contents.

> Coming back to front page: in Thank You part there is popup
> saying that Sage hosts the VM, which is no longer true...

Delete.

> I doubt that CAISS is giving any support to wiki or any
> of Axiom flavours.

Right.

>  I would rather keep thanks somewhere,
> but IMHO it would be better to move them to separate page
> (or maybe to "frozen" old front page).

Separate page.

> Also, I think it would be reasonable to change name to
> FriCAS Wiki and change logo (currently all pages show
> Axiom logo).

Yes, pick a nice new logo.