Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:39:28 -0500

>>> 2) If I give the command (for example)
>>> )tangle bookvol10.2
>>> then the result is an empty input file.
>>
>> The tangle command is optimized for files in src/input by default.
>
>I see. My doubt was originated from the fact that last week I wrote a
>small pamphlet for a package (eea.input.pamphlet) and
>
>)tangle eea
>
>didn't produced any output. This was because I gave a name to every chunck,
>always the same but not "*": I thought that )tangle would have extracted
>the chunks regardless of the name.
>I realized that this was the problem and I corrected it, so I got the
>desired input file.
>
>I must say that I like it very much the new format where pamphlet are pure
>latex: this is very natural when writing math.
>The previous format was somewhat more clumsy.

The previous format used noweb which has many features, none of which
are used in Axiom. I've been slowly eliminating noweb as I rewrite Axiom.

One of the steps was to create a latex chunk environment (the latex code
for the chunk environment is commented in the file books/tangle.lisp)
Once that exists, which is the only really useful feature, everything
else is pure latex. That eliminates the "weave" (noweave) step completely.