bbdb-user

BBDB sync with MacOS Contacts

From: Pieter van Oostrum
Subject: BBDB sync with MacOS Contacts
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 11:48:22 +0100

Hi,

I want to synchronize my MacOS contacts with bbdb. I have done this in the
past, but it doesn't work anymore. So I am looking for a new solution to this.

My previous setup was as follows: I have an app 'Contacts Sync for Google
Gmail' on my MacBook, that syncs the MacOS Contacts with my Google Contacts.
And then I had the ASynK program to sync the Google contacts with bbdb. The
former works flawlessly, but the latter (ASynK) had a lot of problems, often
ruining my .bbdb, but fortunately making backups first.

ASynK no longer works, first because I upgraded to a newer version of BBDB,
which uses file format 9, whereas ASynk only works with file format 7, and
secondly because the Python Google libraries for the sync have changed and
ASynK is no longer compatible with them.

So now I am looking for a new way to do this. I really don't need the
intermediate step with Google Contacts, as I don't use Gmail, so a direct sync
between BBDB AND MACOS Contacts would be preferable, but if the only
possibility is to use Google Contacts that is OK.

I haven't been able to find a solution. Maybe I should switch to another Emacs
Contacts manager? Does anyone know how tp do it?
--
Pieter van Oostrum <pieter@vanoostrum.org>
www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/