bbdb-user

Re: BBDB sync with MacOS Contacts

From: Pieter van Oostrum
Subject: Re: BBDB sync with MacOS Contacts
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:20:47 +0100

Sriram Karra wrote:

 > [Fixed ASynK email alias]
 >
 > On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 11:23 PM Sriram Karra <karra.etc@gmail.com> wrote:
 >
 >     Pieter,
 >
 >     I am the author of ASynK. Can you share what version you are using, and
 > what errors you are
 >     seeing? I've not had much time to hack on ASynK recently, but BBDB
 > Version 9 file format
 >     support was added to ASynK with this commit back in 2018 and also
 > includes some test files as
 >     well. I don't see anything broken with the basic file format parsing for
 > v9, so at best you
 >     are seeing a bug, which I am happy to look at. BTW, you could run the
 > tests by doing 'cd $
 >     {asynk-dir}/test/gold && make bb'. Can you tell me what you are seeing?

Hi Karra,

Thanks for your response.

I had an older version. It was 2.2.0, commit 5d86a23, with some changes that I
made myself to allow more types of phone numbers, e.g. instead of 'Mobile', I
also allowed 'iPhone', and I accepted these also with lower case, because some
had 'home' instead of 'Home' etc.

I also changed uuid1() to uuid4(), although I can't remember why. But these
didn't change the basic functionality. But at that time there was not support
for version 9.

And then later, the underlying Google API library changed, so ASynK wouldn't
work anymore, and I gave up and updated BBDB so I got version 9 file format
support.

I have now fetched the new Github code and I will try to see if that works.

Pieter.
--
Pieter van Oostrum
www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/