bbdb-user

Re: BBDB sync with MacOS Contacts

From: Pieter van Oostrum
Subject: Re: BBDB sync with MacOS Contacts
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:35:16 +0100

Sriram Karra <karra.etc@gmail.com> writes:

> [Fixed ASynK email alias]
>
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 11:23 PM Sriram Karra <karra.etc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Pieter,
>
>     I am the author of ASynK. Can you share what version you are using, and
> what errors you are
>     seeing? I've not had much time to hack on ASynK recently, but BBDB
> Version 9 file format
>     support was added to ASynK with this commit back in 2018 and also
> includes some test files as
>     well. I don't see anything broken with the basic file format parsing for
> v9, so at best you
>     are seeing a bug, which I am happy to look at. BTW, you could run the
> tests by doing 'cd $
>     {asynk-dir}/test/gold && make bb'. Can you tell me what you are seeing?
>
>     -Karra

Hi Karra,

These tests are all OK.

But when I try to set up the Google accounts stuf, with asynk
--op=list-folders --db gc --store google, after going through the Google login,
I get this error messsage:

gdata.client.RequestError: Server responded with: 400, Contacts API is being
deprecated. Migrate to People API to retain programmatic access to Google
Contacts. See https://developers.google.com/people/contacts-api-migration.

So I am stuck now.
--
Pieter van Oostrum <pieter@vanoostrum.org>