bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] UML Modeller

From: Hossein S. Zadeh
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] UML Modeller
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 11:54:37 +1000

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 05:07 am, Kaveh Mousavi wrote:
> Does anyone know a good UML modeller with code
> generation ability for GNU/Linux.
>
> I have found:
> 'Umbrello UML Modeller'
> in
> http://uml.sourceforge.net/index.php
>
> But is there any better and more complete tool.
> Absolutely free ones are prefered.

Hi there,
Probably not what you want to hear, but the best UML tools I've seen are
Rational Rose, and Together.

Both are excellent tools with very good GUI, and they can generate Java and
C++ code. They also do reverse of that: you can change the code, and they
will update the UML to reflect the changes.

Unfortunately both are very expensive. I once was using Together, and the
single-user license was around A$8,000 (around US$5,500) :-(

Hossein