bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] UML Modeller

From: Kaveh Mousavi
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] UML Modeller
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Hossein S. Zadeh" <address@hidden>
wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 05:07 am, Kaveh Mousavi wrote:
> > Does anyone know a good UML modeller with code
> > generation ability for GNU/Linux.
> >
> > I have found:
> > 'Umbrello UML Modeller'
> > in
> > http://uml.sourceforge.net/index.php
> >
> > But is there any better and more complete tool.
> > Absolutely free ones are prefered.
>

> Hi there,
> Probably not what you want to hear, but the best UML
> tools I've seen are
> Rational Rose, and Together.
>
> Both are excellent tools with very good GUI, and
> they can generate Java and
> C++ code. They also do reverse of that: you can
> change the code, and they
> will update the UML to reflect the changes.
>
> Unfortunately both are very expensive. I once was
> using Together, and the
> single-user license was around A$8,000 (around
> US$5,500) :-(
>
> Hossein

Thank you Hossein,

But I think the best UML modeller available is That
Umbrello yet it will produce php,java and c++ code and
it is of course free,

And please never, ever, offer this kind of products to
me, You think who am I, younger son of onassis :),

thank you again ( 5500$ noway !!!?? :D )
KMZ

=====
It's nice to be important, but it's more imporatan to be nice
    Found it somewhere,