bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Normal user called root [was:Download a File Via wget]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Normal user called root [was:Download a File Via wget]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:06:45 +0300

On Thursday 21 August 2003 12:56, Arash Partow wrote:
> > Refer to 'The Unix Philosophy'
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1555581234/104-0954486-
>7271150?v=glance
>

> I've read this book, its really good!,  3 thumbs up....  :)

Arash Partow, and everyone (especialy Arash P cause I know he has
probably read many books in this regard):

I am looking for a good introductory-to-intermediate Linux book, to
translate to Farsi. I don't want "Linux for Dumbs" or "Linux for
Newbies", but I also don't want "Linux device drivers for kernel 2.4"
either. What I am looking for, is a complete, comprehensive guide for
using Linux in all it's aspects. It should cover normal things that a
user will face in his daily life  like internet browsing, mail, usenet,
sound, navigating files and directores, X windows, etc) and it should
also cover adminstration issues like installation, maintanance,
networking etc. and also basic unix and linux commands. I also would
like it to be as distro independent as possible.

Any suggestions anyone?
--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri