bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Normal user called root [was:Download a File Via wget]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Normal user called root [was:Download a File Via wget]
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:18:11 +0300

On Friday 22 August 2003 20:27, Zoup wrote:
> On Friday 22 August 2003 13:36, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > I am looking for a good introductory-to-intermediate Linux book, to
> > translate to Farsi. I don't want "Linux for Dumbs" or "Linux for
> > Newbies", but I also don't want "Linux device drivers for kernel
> > 2.4" either. What I am looking for, is a complete, comprehensive
> > guide for using Linux in all it's aspects. It should cover normal
> > things that a user will face in his daily life  like internet
> > browsing, mail, usenet, sound, navigating files and directores, X
> > windows, etc) and it should also cover adminstration issues like
> > installation, maintanance, networking etc. and also basic unix and
> > linux commands. I also would like it to be as distro independent as
> > possible.
> >
> > Any suggestions anyone?
>
> Great job !
> i never find a *single* linux book in farsi without mistake(s) !

So, you mean there are linux books in farsi? I didn't know it. It should
be a new thing, because when I was in Iran, I never saw such a book.

As for the quality, yes, I also didn't like any farsi translated book,
so way back I decided to only read the English ones. But not everyone
can do this, so there is a need for a farsi book.

> emm... sams "Linux Complete Reference" maybe good :)

I personaly hate sams. I have never liked a *single* book from them ;-)

Cheers

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri