bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Download a File Via wget

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Download a File Via wget
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:58:30 +0300

On Sunday 24 August 2003 08:31, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Saturday 23 August 2003 11:20, Zoup wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 August 2003 14:09, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > > Axel rocks, I personaly love it. However remember that wget has
> > > got functionality that axel doesn't provide. axel is a light
> > > weight good download manager, but it is no where as rich as GNU
> > > wget.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> >
> > emm... you are right , humm :)
> > you know , axel is great when you want to download a great file !
> > :) a CD ISO image or something like that , do you know a good GUI
> > download manager ? Kget ? :)
>
> KGet is great too, but sometimes it fails to resume properly.

Oops, Kget as a goof download manager? certainly my describtion of a
good download manager is very different from yours.

Kget is the slowest download manager. And produces least kind of stable
connectoins. It's only advantage is integration with konqueror. Which
is not suprising considering that they are both part of KDE.

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri