bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Questions about Linux and shabdix

From: Kaveh Mousavi
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Questions about Linux and shabdix
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:30:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- Payam bahraini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi dear Mr. Zeini and the list,
>
> As I've read and heard, a LUG has to distribute
> linux
> freely and schedule meetings for Linux user's and
> etc.
>
> As you know if you want to have a distribution of
> Linux in Iran, you have to buy it, although it's
> free
> of charge in the other places of the world.
>
> I think that in order to attract the users to linux
> and to be a real LUG, we must do something like this
> to prevent BAD PEOPLE to sell a product that can be
> freely got or downloaded.
>
> I'm looking forward to reading from you.
>
> Thanks
>
> Payam

Dear Payam bahraini,
The most important point is that, Free in GNU/Linux is
related to Freedom and not price.

If we see why many people inseast that the linux for
an operation system is wrong and it is GNU/Linux, and
when and why the GNU project came to life, we will see
the reasons behind it.

If you are interested I can give you some link that
will lead you to the philosophia of GNU project that
begun in about 1983(by RMS or Richard Stallman) and in
1990-1991 used the linux as its kernel.

for now look at this site,
www.gnu.org

And read the GNU/GPL, license of most of really free
softwares.

regards
KMZ

=====
It's nice to be important, but it's more imporatan to be nice
    Found it somewhere,