bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: seek and volume

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: seek and volume
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:01:16 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> Seeking to 0%; I get "Elapsed time not available", where
>> it used to just stay at 0% while the key was pressed.
>
> Oh, I did that on purpose because VLC keeps saying it's at
> zero seconds offset when playing a CD.  (In fact, it doesn't
> seem to know the offset at all.)

This is strange! It seems VLC shows progress correctly with `cdda://',
but not with `cdda://@1'. But I can't use `cdda://' in Bongo, vlc
quits for some reason. Hm...

> Can you think of a workaround?  I guess we could start off
> assuming zero means "zero", but if we keep getting zero for
> more than a few seconds, assume it means "don't know"?

I have to assume this is a bug in VLC. Bongo should not have to do
something funky because of this. Do you agree?

>> The mpg123 back-end now has problems with the progress bar.
>> It stalls during seeking.
>
> I can't reproduce this and I'm not sure what you mean.
> How does it stall and how you you provoke the stalling?

I hold `f' down, my usual test. Seems to catch a lot of bugs. :-)

After a while the (visual) progress stalls. But seeking is still going
on in the background.