bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: seek and volume

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: seek and volume
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 17:07:21 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> This is strange! It seems VLC shows progress correctly with `cdda://',
>> but not with `cdda://@1'.

After a little trial and error, I've found that it is only `cdda://@1'
that is buggy. There's a workaround in `vlc cdda:// --cdda-track 1'.
Bongo should use this until it has been fixed in VLC.

> Yes, it looks like a VLC bug.  Do you feel like reporting it?
> If not, I'll do it tomorrow.

I was going to report it, but the process of reporting a bug appeared
too complicated to me. It'd be great if you could do it instead.

>> But I can't use `cdda://' in Bongo, vlc quits for some reason. Hm...
>
> [snip and move]
> As soon as Bongo ses the "stop state: 0" line, it terminates
> the VLC process, believing that the file has been played.
>
> I'm not sure what to do about this.

If it's of any help, it seems VLC will "stop" between songs as well.
It contines with "new input". When you play a single track, it stops
with "main playlist: nothing to play".