cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] Ping?!

From: Einar Karttunen
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] Ping?!
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:24:01 +0200

On 12.11 16:12, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> Should we get this thing started??  Could people please say if they are
> interested in helping and what they want to do?

I could work on either on the compiler implementation, or implementing
Ruby standard library on top of parrot.

I have some experience doing stuff like this, and have written few compilers
and VMs. However I don't currently have the time to start designing things.
I'd love to use a parser understanding EBNF as a basis instead of the
parsers currently available wich interact directly with bison/yacc.

I think I could write a such parser before christmas in Ruby. This would
help other projects also. Of course the first goal is a stable API and
not performance.

We can cheat a little bit in the compiler, as we don't have to do stuff
like register assigments/overflow ourselves. As there is a tool for
doing that from symbolic parrot assembler code.

- Einar Karttunen