cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] Ping?!

From: Dan Sugalski
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] Ping?!
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:02:36 -0500

At 10:20 PM -0800 11/13/02, Phil Tomson wrote:
Here's a question for Dan: What about eval?  Say we're running on parrot
and someone wants to eval a string of Ruby code?  What happens?  I assume
it has to call whatever Ruby parser we have.

eval will have to emit assemvly that's something like:

   compile P0, S0, "Ruby"
   call P0

where S0 holds your string to eval. There'll need to be a ruby compiler module loaded for parrot for that to happen. Obviously that can't happen with a separate compiler, but when things are done that's how it'll work.

--
                                        Dan

address@hidden                         have teddy bears and even
                                      teddy bears get drunk