chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:03:56 +0900

    Felix> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Alex Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm not sulking, I'm lazy :) I don't want to look into
    >> what I need to do to keep up with the change in
    >> infrastructure.

    Felix> The *only* change is that you add "release/3/" to
    Felix> your svn checkout URL.

Wow, that's actually (honestly) more complicated than I
thought it would be.  I thought it was just a normal
directory.  I'm really, really, really lazy, so was mostly
just putting off something like

  for egg in autoload charconv ... utf8; do
    cp -R $egg yet/another/copy/of/$egg
    rm -rf yet/another/copy/of/$egg/.svn
    svn add yet/another/copy/of/$egg
  done
  svn commit

and just general fretting about whether I did the right
thing and used the right path and such.

So I have to make a second checkout of the repo and copy
from one to the other?

--
Alex